Sunday, February 15, 2009

T-Mobile Outage: "All Markets West of Mississippi River"

T-Mobile has a  BlackBerry email services outage in "all markets west of the Mississippi River," I am told by tech support. Sunday, Feb. 15, about noonish Mountain time.....

Apparently there also was a Feb. 3, 2009 outage on a more-localized basis on the AT&T network in  Houston, New York, New Jersey and Baltimore/Washington D.C. areas.

There are some reports T-Mobile and possibly some Sprint BlackBerry users had the same issue on Feb. 3, 2009 as well. Undoubtedly there will be finger-pointing, but it would seem to be a RIM issue if multiple networks had outages at the same time. 

4 comments:

Chad said...

This seems to be a T-Mobile issue. I've been on and off the phone with first RIM and then T-Mobile all day and it only seems to be hitting devices connected to T-Mobile's network in markets west of the Mississippi River. Of course, no ETR! :)

Gary Kim said...

Agreed. As far as I know, only T-Mobile is having the outage.

Anonymous said...

This outage started Saturday evening around 9pm CST... I called Tmobile Sunday around 9am and it was just then being called a "red alert" west of the Mississippi... Now almost 24 hrs later- I called tmobile again and the rep had no idea what I was talking about and wanted to fix my service... after 10 min on hold- I guess someone briefed her on the situation but still no resolution...

Gary Kim said...

Seems to be working now, where I am in Denver. Device was turned off at 5:45 p.m. and by the time I powered back up at 8:45 p.m. email was flowing.

Whatever the Eventual Impact, Telecom Execs Say They are Investing in AI

With the caveat that early reported interests, tests, trials and investments in new technology such as artificial intelligence--especially t...